What is a cookie?
- A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
- Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Cookies are either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics
Cookies can be also categorized as follow:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are strictly necessary for the operation of our platform. They allow you to use the main functions of our platform (for example, access to your account). Without cookies, you would not be able to use our platform normally.
- Analytical cookies: In order to improve our services, we use audience-measurement cookies such as the number of pages viewed, the number of visits, the activity of Users and their return frequency, in particular by using the services of Google Analytics. These cookies only allow the establishment of statistical studies on the User traffic on our platform, whose results are completely anonymous to allow us to obtain knowledge about the use and performance of our platform and to improve its functions. Acceptance of these cookies is a necessary condition for the use of our platform. If you refuse them, we cannot guarantee you normal use on our platform.
- Functional cookies: These are cookies that allow us to personalise your experience on our platform by memorising your preferences (such as social media site sharing cookies). These cookies may be placed by a third party on our behalf, but it is not authorised to use them for purposes other than those described.
- Target cookies: These cookies relate to services provided by third parties, such as the "Like" or "Share" buttons. These cookies are placed by third parties.