This course provide step-by-step practical guide for comparing means of two groups in R using t-test (parametric method) and Wilcoxon test (non-parametric method).
- Comparing one-sample mean to a standard known mean:
- One-Sample T-test (parametric)
- Wilcoxon Signed Rank Test (non-parametric)
- Comparing the means of two independent groups:
- Independent Samples T-test (parametric)
- Wilcoxon Rank Sum Test (non-parametric)
- Comparing the means of paired samples:
- Paired Samples T-test (parametric)
- Wilcoxon Signed Rank Test on Paired Samples (non-parametric)
Additionally, we describe the sign test, an alternative to the paired-samples t-test and the Wilcoxon signed-rank test, in the situation where the distribution of differences between paired data values is neither normal (in t-test) nor symmetrical (in Wilcoxon test).
Related BookPractical Statistics in R II - Comparing Groups: Numerical Variables
Give a comment